Lake District Stand Up Paddle Boarding Micro Adventure
- Reviews (0)
Our Lake District Stand Up Paddle Boarding Micro Adventure is perfect for smaller groups, families and couples interested in experiencing stand up paddle boarding in a unique format in a truly breathtaking location. It’s a two day activity-packed adventure with one overnight stay under canvas (you’re welcome to sort out your own accommodation if you’d prefer).
The SUP element can be tailored to a specific level based on a group’s previous experience but for the most part day one will focus on establishing key SUP skills, some basic safety and training muscle memory for more advanced techniques on day two with plenty of time to practice what you’ve learned. The evening will involve a meal around the BBQ or in the pub in the event of rain usually accompanied by a couple of drinks, then back to the camping location for an intimate social as everyone relaxes with an early night being high on the list for most clients.
Day two usually kicks off with some knowledge and skills-based testing from day one to make sure everyone is up to speed before we set off on a specific adventure. Much will be governed by the prevailing conditions but we’ll endeavour to find the safest and easiest coaching location on the day. By the end of day two everyone should have a firm grip of the basics, be able to perform a variety of turns, have sufficient paddle safety knowledge to paddle by themselves and have some basic paddle surfing muscle memory training in place which can be built upon at one of our 1 day clinics on the East Coast or at the client’s leisure.
1) Two days of fast-track tuition
2) All necessary equipment, board, paddle and wetsuit and PFD.
2) Lunch on both days and a BBQ on the evening.
3) Any campsite fees although we’ll endeavour to wild camp where possible.
4) Complementary high res photos and/or video footage to take away to show your friends and family.
5) 10% gift voucher to redeem against your first purchase with sister company www.locosurfing.com Those wanting to pre-purchase kit for use on the course should get in touch well in advance.
Things to bring:
1) Plenty of water to keep hydrated.
2) Snacks (breakfast for day 2)
3) 1-2 man tent, sleeping bags etc (unless you’re booking your own accomodation)
4) A towel and change of clothes
5) Something warm and/or waterproof to wear around camp
6) Any medication e.g. inhalers and we must be notified of any ailments/injuries in advance.
8) Any alcohol you may want to consume
We ask that clients call us on 07779127230 to confirm dates especially for peak times to avoid any disappointment.